Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oregon Bound....



Not to put any undo pressure on the prospective Callister clan pioneers heading to the Oregon Country in mid-may (prospectively) by making it public knowledge..... but I thought I would provide some insights on those who have paved the way for you in decades and centuries past.

Lewis and Clark: 1804-1806

Jedediah Smith: 1820's

Oregon Trail Pioneers: 1839-1860's

Logger's: Mid 1800's to mid 1980's

many have struggled to make their way to this country. This trail is long, and fraught with danger, but you have chosen a favorable season and they who have marked the trail with their blood, sacrifice and loved ones, have made your journey more pleasant... Make ready pioneers!!!

Jake

3 comments:

Josh said...

i am lasing up my deerskin moccasins, and preparing my coonskin cap. i have enlisted the services of a pregnant indain maiden, and have furs to trade for supplies. i believe that if i leave by this next fortnight, i should arrive at the blessed destination in 3 moons, good weather permitting.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

thank you jake. this post was very....educational?

Von and Maureen said...

Jake, I detect a note of "all this and nobody makes a comment?" from your comment. I love the Oregon bound entry!!!! and I will make the comment that we are so excited to be numbered among the many that will attempt the trip. I know those that survive see a beautiful and glorious place. We love you and can't wait to join you there. love mom