Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thank Heaven for Little Girls




Some reflections from dad:

Yes, thank Heaven for little girls that are beautiful, thougtful and fun. That defines all three of my little girls, but one in particular is on my mind today. Years ago Deborah and I got to sing and dance in a Broadway Review production. We joined some other lucky fathers and their daughters in a dance to "Thank Heaven for Little Girls". The practices were fun and the group was fun. I don't remember being particularly nervous, probably because I was dancing with a dancer who made it easy. At Deborah's wedding celebration I had the same experience, but now I was dancing with the bride, gliding through the steps with ease with a smiling, happy, grown-up and beautiful woman. Deborah and Stephen were so happy and their happiness seemed to spread to everyone there. I was so happy to be identified as the father of the bride.
I suppose it is a prideful thing, but I am so proud of Deb and each of our daughters for developing the qualities that attract the fine husbands each of them have.
The fun celebration went by quickly. People were laughing and participating throughout the night. Like the father of the bride, they didn't want this party to end.
Deb and Stephen have a bright future ahead of them. I wish the best for the newly weds.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Those are the sweetest pictures!!
What a great night!
Wow! your last time as Father-of-the-Bride!!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Great pictures indeed. You have done well with your little girls Dad. Thanks for sharing.

Jake

Rachel Ure said...

You need to share more on the blog dad! I love those pictures. How great that we had a photographer there to capture this moment so well!

Deborah and Stephen said...

that really was a magical night and day. I think it finally seemed to slow down and become real when i got the chance to dance with you dad.. it was a specail moment for me! i love you so much! what a fun and amazing family we have. love you all