Saturday, July 25, 2009

Awesome Hike

Dad and I did a great 24th of July hike. It is now one of my favorites. It is the Millcreek to Lambs canyon. Once at the top, you can see both Parleys Canyon and the Salt lake Valley. It has been a wet year, and the growth and wildflowers were unbelievable. What can I say but "Awesome".





It was pretty steep, but Dad slowed down so that I could keep up with him. Going back down was hard on the knees, but it was so worth it. I love that we can drive 20 min. to a trail that will totally take your breath away. It was just the two of us on the tops of the mountains....the world was ours and we loved it!!!
Later, we went to the Cottonwood Heights park and watched the Fire works with Deb and Stephen. It was a great day :)



6 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

so romantic- such a quality way to spend time together. glad to see that you both are not just walking - but climbing after your huge trek!

Daniel and Angie Callister said...

Seems like an appropriate way to ring in Pioneer Day. Way to go you two, you do live in a beautiful place. I'm always pretty vocal about how little I miss Salt Lake, but I sure DO miss those beautiful and close mountain places :) Glad to hear the fireworks were fun at Butlerville days, angie and i sure missed being there for that. Those Cottonwood Heightites sure can throw a party!

Rebekah said...

Those pics are gorgeous. I love that you both love hiking and appreciate beauty. What a great thing to do together.
We want to do it--wish I had a machine that could just float gabriel along side me (maybe one for Adam part way through). I have a pretty good machine for Isaac (it's called David).
Love you both and thank you for helping all your posterity to truly appreciate nature!!

Josh said...

for how hot i know it was on the 24th of july, it looks like the weather was cool enough to be pleasant. i have found that i cant enjoy much outside if it is hotter than 90 degrees. we spent our day at echo reservoir, lounging around in the sand and finding old jiggs and fish tackle snagged in trees. Caleb has quite a collection now.

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Thanks for the pics. Looks like a hike Annie and I would like. I do miss those Rockies. I am looking forward to seeing you all in September... and maybe having some adventure.

Jake

juels said...

I hope it is OK that I looked thru your blog--I was looking thru Rachels and saw your name. It looks like you two are having fun and life is treating you good! I'm glad! Love ya!! Julie J